Swagbucks

Saturday, April 18, 2009

This weeks Food Waste



Wow, has it really been a month since i have participated in food waste Friday??? I quit doing it for a couple weeks bc umm.. well I was embarrassed bc the couple of people who participated in the challenge all had like NO WASTE. But then Kristin did this post about how she was not as good at the beginning at doing no food waste AND how she was starting a blog roll of people who participated in food waste Fridays. And people came out of the wood works and they had WASTE and I did not have to feel as bad. So I am back. FOR GOOD!

I am pretty please with the reduction in food waste in our house.

This week we had:

Moldy strawberries, part of a can of cream of mushroom, and half a bowl of oatmeal.

WHY bother???

"Americans waste more than 40 percent of the food we produce for consumption. That comes at an annual cost of more than $100 billion. At the same time, food prices and the number of Americans without enough to eat continues to rise"

From Wasted Food

I think the little things REALLY can make a difference in this world.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hey Renee-
I like how you fit in the answer to that question "Why bother?" Jonathan's facts and figures, plus Kristen's pragmatic step-by-step approach were what made me start caring about the food waste.