Swagbucks

Monday, February 9, 2009

My story of how I saved money today

I am in my final year of school for my masters in counseling.
I have to take a BIG test to get my license.
The test is very hard.
The test costs $200.
If I fail twice I have to wait 2 YEARS to take the test again.
In that time I CAN NOT be a therapist.

I HAVE TO PASS THE TEST!

So I asked everyone who came before how they got ready for said big test and they named books and cds that they used to study. In case you didnt know... the study guide business is BIG business. $50 for a book! More for the cds.

I have a child, I have been in college for 7 years, I am poor. Enough said.

I kept trying to figure out how to get ahold of something to study.

I looked on ebay and half.com and amazon.... I looked at my credit card and looked away.

Then I started calling people... and found 2 people willing to let me borrow the CD's!!!

Then tonight I went to my colleges library and on a whim looked and they had not one but two books on studying for the NCE (national counselor exam).

Today was a good day.

No comments: