Couple of things about coupons at Walgreens.
- Walgreens coupons can be stacked (combined) with manufactures coupons.
- Manufactures coupons need to be given to the cashier first before any Walgreens coupons to avoid beeping (when the register rejects a coupon).
- You can use coupons to buy something you are going to get a Register Reward for.
Register Rewards: these are like cash to be used at Walgreens within a set amount of time- watch the expiration dates, it sucks if you don't notice and find it expired!
- Once in a while they wont print (has not happen to me personally yet), have the manager re ring you up a another register if they still don't print- return your items and get your coupons back!
- You can also write to the Catalina Company (they are the makers of the machine) and get your issues resolved that way.
- Register Rewards cannot be used on the same deal to get the deal again. For example if Dove Shampoo is buy 2 get a $5 RR, I cannot turn around to use the $5 RR to buy more Dove and expect the RR to print again.
- You can "roll" the RR into other deals by different makers or use them on FAR products.
- You can only redeem 1 RR per transaction but you can do multiple transactions, just split your order up. (I actually try to not leave the store with a RR at all, I will make a plan so when I check out, I seperate my order- first I buy the stuff that will print out the RR and then I use the RR to pay for rest.)
Free After Rebate (FAR)- Walgreens puts out several items a month that are free after rebate- you can use a manufactures coupon on these and get the full sale price back, therefor you would make money on the FAR products.
Rebates from Walgreens
- Can be done online quickly and easily!
- If you allow them to put the money on a Walgreens gift card they will add 10%, again making you money. (I have been shopping at Walgreens for the past few months and have very rarely needed anymore money out of pocket I just keep refilling the Walgreens card at the end of the month and then use that money for the current months deal