Swagbucks

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Over Budget Like a Crazy person!

So I have definitely went over some on my grocery budget this month, well kind of- I shoot for $50 a week for all food, toiletries and house stuff, but have a budget of $100 a week and then use the extra for other stuff, like paying extra on our debts. Well this month the sales have been crazy good and we are now stocked up on a lot of essentials for the next few months which I have to say gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. For the next 4 months (at least) I do not have to worry about buying: toothpaste, feminine products, deodorants, shampoo, hand soap, drinks for Kirt to take to work, cooking oil, sugar, pasta, toilet paper, cleaning supplies... well you get the picture. So now I feel comfortable staying home with Jackson for next semester, I had contemplated going back to work but now I don't have to and its FREAKING AWESOME!

Kroger was my main benefactor for the last 2 weeks they have been running a buy 10 items get $5 off your order- I ordered coupons offline and then I had some and then some more came in this Sundays paper. I don't have pictures of everything but here are some highlights.










Highlights on prices: (most of the freezer stuff did not make it in the pictures)

Drinks: Got 60 drinks for a total of $10 plus tax (.17 each)

Real Butter: .90 each after sale and .55 coupon that doubled

Pepperoni and turkey pepperoni: 1.40 each

Crisco Oil: 1.40 each

Quaker Oats: Free

Sugar: $1 each

Toothpaste: $.25 each

Activia 4 pack: $.50 each

Betty Crocker Boxed Potatoes: $.40 each and I got a free box of hamburger helper

Ozarka Water: Free

Scrubbing Sponges: Free

Hefty Zip Bags: Made $.10 on each

Toaster Strudel: $.70 each

Pizza Rolls (40 count bag): $.70 each

Dial Handsoap: $.40 each

Armour Bagged Frozen Meatballs: $.90 each

Walmart was also my friend, he gave me great prices on Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamer Frozen Veggies at $1.08 and I had $1 off coupons making them $.08 a bag, and Ronzani Pasta that was priced at $1.50 and I had $1 off coupons for those as well, making them .50 a box, which is really good because these are those pastas with extra protein, and whole wheat combination- so it still tastes good but is actually good for you!

Walgreens had some awesome make up on clearance and I got some with L'oreal and almay and rimmel lip glosses and shadows for .89-1.27 after coupons. I also got diapers and feminine products. I put $35 on the gift card and I will receive $15 on the free after rebate items and I received $2 in register rewards. I spent no money out of pocket.

Total Money Spent for November as of the 18th for groceries and household = $274.48

2 comments:

Joy said...

Well... I am like sooo jealous of you right now, you had a plan and you stuck to it! That's good.

check out my blog @ www.whateversaysi.blogspot.com

The Happy Housewife said...

Wow, you really stockpiled! I wish I lived near a Kroger, they really have great deals!
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com